• Coaching RFU Level 1-2-3 (or working towards these levels)
• Commitment and Enthusiasm – This position will require a time commitment
involving Tuesday / Thursday evenings and weekend match days
• Rugby Knowledge – It is expected that the Coach will have the required level of
knowledge to enable the players to achieve their potential
• Planning – The Head Coach is directly responsible for planning the coaching
programme for the season and will be asked to prepare individual sessions.
• Leadership – The Head Coach sets an example and standards for the coaching
team and squad. As such he will need to be able to inspire the coaching team and
players to ensure that all involved maximize their potential.
• Delegation – The Head Coach needs to be able to delegate agreed responsibilities
to the assistant coaches to ensure that they feel valued and their expertise is used
• Team Work – The Head Coach needs to be able to work effectively with the
players, coaches, manager and the main club ethos and plan, with excellent
leadership and communication skills with the ability to engage and motivate players
at all levels and playing abilities.